Fortatech introduces itself

The story of Fortatech starts in year 1878. Adolf Arnheiter had run a shop in St. Gallen, where he sold grocery and rope goods. The ropes made of hemp, cotton and horsehair were mainly produced in ST. Gallen and the family enterprise could rise constantly.

1983 they changed the name from Arnheiter AG, Forta-Rope-work to Fortatech AG. Since 1992 Fortatech belong to the BRUGG group. Today we develop and produce Bowden cables, special ropes and fine ropes as a part of a global group for customers from around the world.

For resource expansion, in 2004 a subsidiary in Poland has been established.

With our well founded know-how, we advise and support our customers by product development and solutions to solve problems. Our customer-oriented organization enable short throughput times and flexibility. Modern production facilities and process-oriented testing devices assure quality and reliability. Our own test laboratory for experimental purpose is an important factor for our success. Our cables and fine ropes portray a simple and cost-effective solution for different mechanical applications. Due to the unique characteristics and possibilities of wire and ropes, we are able to provide individual and secure switching- and security functions. In dialogue with our customers we provide custom-designed solutions for the specific area of application.

Timeline

2014

2014

Construction of a new manufacturing facility in Płochocin, Poland.
2004

2004

Foundation of the subsidiary Fortatech Sp. z o.o. in Płochocin, Poland.
2003

2003

Construction of a new storage and logistics warehouse.
2001

2001

Certification according to ISO 9001:2008.
1995

1995

Certification according to EN ISO 9002.
1992

1992

Fortatech AG is sold to the BRUGG Group.
1984

1984 – 1986

The large-scale floods cause immense water damage to Fortatech. Therefore, the Walkebach flood control in the immediate vicinity is refurbished.
1983

1983

Change of the previous company name to Fortatech AG.
1982

1982

The enterprise is sold to the company Fatzer AG, Romanshorn and resignation of A. Arnheiter jun.
1970

1970

The cable-manufacturing plant BRUGG becomes Arnheiter AG’s principle shareholder.
1969

1969 – 1970

Expansion of operations with a new factory building and the longest ropeway in Europe.
1912

1912

The shop moves to Gübsenstrasse in St. Gallen, Switzerland – today’s headquarters.
1878

1878

Adolf Arnheiter opens a retail shop for colonial goods, ropes and cords in the Schmiedgasse in St. Gallen, Switzerland.

the world of BRUGG

Get informed now